Frequently Asked Questions
What are Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium?
Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium are products from Mexico that are marketed as a natural dietary supplement for arthritis, muscle pain, osteoporosis, and other conditions. According to FDA analysis, both the plus and premium version was found to contain undeclared ingredients. The boxes are labeled in Spanish, but some versions also contain English labeling.
Where is Reumofan Plus and Premium manufactured?
According the the box labels, reumofan plus and premium were manufactured in Mexico by Riger Natural, S.A. Attempts to locate contact information for this company has been uneventful.
What are the hidden ingredients found in Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium?
According to the FDA, after laboratory analysis, it was found that lot 916 contain the prescription drug dexamethasone (a corticosteroid), diclofenac sodium (anti-inflammatory drug), and methocarbamol (muscle relaxant).
What were the ingredients claimed by Riger Natural S.A?
- Guaisma (Guazuma ulmifolia) - is used in folk medicine because of its antioxidant, antimicrobial and antihypertensive properties.
- Holm Oak/Encina (Quercus ilex) - is thought to have astrigent properties (shrink/constrict body tissue) and is used for hemorrhage, diarrhea, cancer, and pneumonia.)
- Eastern Teaberry/Axocopaque (Gaultheria procumbens) - have anti-inflammatory properties that benefit rheumatism.
- Cancerina (Hemiangium Excelsum) - has been used historically to treat ulcers in Mexico,
- Matarique (Psacalium decompositum) - has anti-inflammatory properites. Used in Mexican traditional medicine, it has been used for joint and muscle pains as well as gastric distress.
- White Willow (Salix Alba) - used as a pain killer and also has anti-inflammatory properties. The active ingredient salicin has a chemical compound very similiar to aspirin. It is known as nature's aspirin.
- Curcumin - Curcumin is the active ingredient in tumeric, which is an ingredient has been used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine to treat a variety of ailments. It has shown antitumor, antioxidant, antiarthritic, antiamyloid, anti-stress, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Shark Cartilage - prevents angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels from pre-existing vessels.
- Glucosamine - used to treat osteoarthritis. It is an ingredient that may help create what your body needs to improve joint cartilage health.
- Vitamin C - has antioxidant properties, anti-gout, lower risk of stroke.
- Vitamin E - has antioxidant properties, plays a role in neurological functions, and helps the inhibition of platelet aggregation
- CALCIUM - Major component for health and is used in bones, teeth, and muscle contraction. Used to prevent fractures from osteoporosis.
- MAGNESIUM - Needed for hundreds of biochemical reactions in the body
If you have been taking Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium, what do you do now?
If you have been taking Reumofan Plus, you should talk to your health care professional. Although some people report not feeling any ill effects, you should always get your health care professionals advice. According to the FDA, "When indicated, health care professionals should evaluate adrenal function and consider whether a corticosteroid taper regimen is appropriate in patients who have used Reumofan Plus and/or Reumofan Plus Premium."
Is there another product I can use to help me?